Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Annoying Public

I remember this one day at work was going so well until this one lady came in to my pizzeria. I asked her what she would would like to have. She replied to me that she was a slice of pizza. So i went to cut her a slice of pizza to put in the oven. While i was cutting the pizza she rudely demanded me for a fresh slice. I told her the pizza was fresh, it came out of the oven 5 minutes before she came in. I even let her feel the bottom of the pan that the pizza was on. She mumbled something, so i just placed the pizza in the oven. I was treating her with the up right most respect. A few more customers came in and in a instance there was only one slice left so I rushed to make another fresh pie. The lady was still sitting there while the pie came out 10 minutes later. This man then came in and ordered to slices of pizza so i cut the two slices off and gave him his pizza. Another man then came in and asked for one slice. There was one slice left from the previous pie but my boss told me to give him a slice from the fresher pie. So i did what i was told. The lady looked at me with disgust and went off on me, saying i was a "male chauvinist". She was acting very critical towards the situation, to me it was just a slice of pizza. I guess she took it to a more personal level. She accused me of treating male customers with more respect then women. I honestly could care less, but continued treating her with respect. This lady though would not let it go, she kept verbally attacking me. With my job possibly at a risk if I were to say something offensive towards her I kept my mouth shut. I was defenseless to this lady because what more could I say to her, other than "mam the pizza you had was fresh". She finally decided to leave to pizzeria. Luckily for me because she was getting on my last nerve. While she was leaving though she said "im never coming here again". A week later the lady came again and the same problem happened. I wished the lady was going to stick to her word and not come back again, but no she had to come back. She had to annoy me again and test my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment