Thursday, April 16, 2009

work gender

Growing up In my house hold my family stuck to tradition. My father was the worker and my mother was the one who stayed home. My father was the main provider for the family. He would work eight hours a day and lots of the times work over time. The men in my family worked very hard and never wanted their wives to work. The women usually stayed home raised the kids, cooked and cleaned. What ever work needed to be done around the house, my mother did. I grew up with this idea that man is suppose to support the financial needs and the woman is suppose to be the housewife. Now that I'm older though I look at both sides of the picture. If i eventually get married I wouldn't want her to work, but if she wanted to work, I would understand and let her. I would not mind being the stay at home dad.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. How much have your views changed compared with others in your family? Why do you think you'd still prefer a wife who works in the home?

    ReplyDelete