Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Role in The Global Economy at Work

I don't think I play a huge role in the global economy. At work (pizzaria) we use a lot of imported goods such as cheese, pasta, mushrooms and maybe the pepporoni. I never checked where the pepperoni came from. So I guess my role in the global economy would be me using the products to prepare food. Im pretty sure the pots and pans we use in the kitchen are made in another country also. I dont know if the cheese and pasta or mushrooms can relate to the movie because they come from Italy. Im not to awear of the job conditions in those factories. I would assume they are a lot better than the ones in the movie Mardi Gras Made in China. The pots and pans though last time i checked were made in another country (I cant remember which country). My boss just bought new ones recently and I havent checked them. But I can image that the working conditions of the factories where the pots and pans were made are very simular to the working conditions showed in the film. So my boss is the consumer of these products and I use these products on a regular basis. Thats my role in the global economy at work.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - what about as a consumer? What do you use in the course of a day that is global in reach? What about the information and communication aspect?

    ReplyDelete